Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Ri!!

To my girl,

Today is your first birthday. I just cannot believe it. The year went by so fast. You will hear the following story a millions times in your life so the first one might as well be now.

I had been hoping a praying for you to come into our lives for a long time. When I found out you were on your way I couldn't wait to hold you and kiss and tell you how much I love you. Your daddy and I prepared your lady bug room and counted down the days until we could meet you face to face. But a year ago today we found out you had to unexpectedly be born early. Not a little early but 8 weeks early. I was so excited to meet you but so scared for you. You came into the world on September 30, 2008 (a Tuesday) at a whopping 3.5 pounds. Becuase of mommy's booboos I couldn't see you until Thursday, my hugs and kisses had to wait. Becuase of machines that were helping you get better mommy couldn't hold you until the following Monday. Almost one WHOLE week after you were born! Finally, on that Monday I was able to do the things I had been dreaming about: kiss and hug you and tell you how much I love you. The following days and weeks were hard on all three of us. But we all made it through toghether, just like we always do. And after 3.5 weeks in the hospital we brought you home. Thankfully you won't remember those first weeks but mommy will never forget them.

Since bringing you home you have been growing and learning at every turn. You never cease to amaze me. I always tell people, because it's true, that I don't know how you turned out so beautiful! Looking at where you started a year ago to where you are today should prove that you can do anything.

So happy birthday little girl. I couldn't be more proud of you and I couldn't love you more.

I love you,

Mommy








































No comments:

Post a Comment