Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ahh, sweet slumber!




















Well, it's no secret to many people that we have had a hard time transitioning Riley to sleeping in her crib. Up until about 2 1/2 months ago Riley slept in an infant seat which was put into her crib. This really helped with her acid reflux. It finally came time to transition her into sleeping in her crib. I figured it would probably take a couple of days but she would adjust. Big surprise, I was wrong! After two months of Riley waking up 3-6 times a night we were at our wits end and willing to try anything. So we tried the Ferber method. With the Ferber method you let the baby cry and go in to soothe at varying intervals but you don't pick them up (which is what we were doing). After deciding to give it a try I thought it would probably take up to a week to see results. Big surprise, I was wrong again! After one night of Riley crying for about an hour she has pretty much slept through the night ever since. I am still amazed that it worked the way it did. What can I say, she's a fast learner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment